Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Trip to Walmart

So, yesterday I went to Wal-Mart right before Genesis to get some coffee and creamers that we needed. But what was supposed to be a quick 10-15 minute trip to the store turned into quite an eventful one. When I got back to the Extension, I realized I only had 2 of the 7 bags of coffee that I had purchased. My first thought was "I am NOT driving back", but then realized that was almost $25 worth of coffee. So, I took a deep breath and made my way back to the store. As I'm walking in, I see a Hispanic man being cornered by three white guys. I could tell the guy couldn't understand what they were asking him and then realized he had stolen something and those three men were from lost prevention. They then proceded to take him into the store. While I'm waiting at the Customer Service line to be helped, I find out that he'd stolen a box of medicine worth $5 and they found $200 cash in his pockets. This really made me think why would he do that? He had the money to pay for it! Was it worth it? Now he has to pay a $1,000 fine for stealing! It just made me really sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home