Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Rebuking with Encouragement


Wow! I honestly didn't think that these two words could go together in a sentence. But they can, they should, and they do! Filipe recently gave a talk at the youth about this while studying the book of Titus. He said that we can rebuke, but it should be followed by encouragement. Now, this may be easier for some people (the rebuking part). Maybe because they have the authority or it's just easier for them to let people know when they are in the wrong. For me, not so much.

In the past few days, I think I've been challenged with this and I get so uncomfortable. I don't like to be put in a position where I have to tell someone what they can't do, shouldn't do, or how to do it. I think it's because I worry too much of what they'll think about me after that. But if we really care and show God's love, I think we can get the strength to be real and honest with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home