Sunday, April 20, 2008

Middle of the night


Some times I wake up in the middle of the night and can not go back to sleep and it drives me crazy!  My mind starts going all over the place - work, the kids, my favorite food, puppies and stick people (?).  So I'll start counting sheep or anything to make my mind stop so that I can go back to sleep and most of the time it just does not work.  Next I'll most likely go for the Tylenol PM and wait for it to kick in.  SOMETIMES and I mean sometimes, I'll start to pray!  I'll pray for everyone and everything that I can think of.  I keep praying till I have peace or until O fall asleep.  If I'm feeling like something is really wrong then I will wake Tracy up and have her join me in prayer until whatever is keeping me awake goes away.  This can be 5 minutes or up to 2 hours.  Then there is one other thing that I try when these don't work, I get quite and listen.  I try to calm my brain and I say "God, this is your servant Rodney, speak I'm listening."  and then I wait.  Every now and then I'll turn on the light beside my bed and get out my journal and write down what I feel like what God is telling me.  I have never had Him physically talk to me I but I do feel like He awakens things inside of me that are from Him and only time will tell If it was Him or not.  Sometimes I feel as if He is convicting me of something and I'll repent of that. Other times, He will bring someone to my mind and I'll pray over them.  I have picked up the phone and called them (which freaks them out when I tell them that God woke me up to pray and He gave me their name).

I don't know why your reading this blog but maybe it's in the middle of the night and you can't sleep and there may be a reason for it.  So stop surfing the web and turn off your computer and still your mind and ask God if He just might be tying to talk to you.  You never know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home