Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wednesday 6am Prayer!

Psalm 5
1
O Lord, hear me as I pray;
pay attention to my groaning.
2 Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God,
for I pray to no one but you.
3 Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord.
Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly
.

Every Wednesday morning at 6am we gather as a church to pray over the needs if our church, our community and our country. This is one of my favorite times of the week! It is so awesome that we have the opportunity to come together and intercede over people and our country. It is a real privilege! I feels like we are doing something to make a real difference for the kingdom of God. I've asked our staff and our small group leaders to join me and they are stepping up to the plate. Thank you! Now I would like to invite the rest of you to follow your leaders in this. I truly believe that this is what is going to impact our city more than another church on another corner. Not that another church on the corner is a bad thing but I just think that it's what is done in the prayer closet that is missing in too many churches on the corner. I'm not saying we are better than the others, I'm just saying that I've realized that for me and the team that God has given me the opportunity to coach, this is the way we are going to go.

Here is why -
1. God alone can change our generation
2. We need to get our orders from head quarters
3. Prayer is were the battles are won, on our knees we are the strongest
4. You need us to be a team that will storm the gates of hell for you and your family
5. We get to hang out with the lover of our souls - God

Hey considered your self invited to join us in changing Charleston, I double dog dare you!