Wednesday, April 23, 2008

 That is why the Lord says,
      “Turn to me now, while there is time.
   Give me your hearts.
      Come with fasting, weeping, and mourning.
Don’t tear your clothing in your grief,
      but tear your hearts instead.”
   Return to the Lord your God,
      for he is merciful and compassionate,
   slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love.
      He is eager to relent and not punish.
 Who knows? Perhaps he will give you a reprieve,
      sending you a blessing instead of this curse.
- Joel 2:12-14

This morning I was studying in the book of Joel and these verses jumped out at me and here is why.  
  1. While there is time - We all think that we will make changes in our life later.  Unfortunately we may not have a later, today may be it so why wait.  Stop setting on the bench and get into the game.
  2. Don't tear you clothing in grief but tear you hearts instead - God isn't impressed by our emotional games or even our spiritual games what he wants is a broken and repentant heart.
  3. Return to the Lord for he is merciful and compassionate, slow to anger and full of unfailing love! He is EAGER to relent and not punish! - Enough said!
  4. Who knows?  Perhaps he will give you a reprieve, sending you a blessing instead of a curse. - This is what excited me, I always feel like the worst is going to happen when I sin.  I feel like God might just be so ready to give me exactly what I deserve but I love that statement - A blessing instead of a curse. Way cool!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home