Monday, September 29, 2008

Holy Ladies Update....

..Ok, so here is an update of my small group Holy Ladies on Monday nights. Tonight we finally started the content of our group. And I talked about "Idols" in our lives. It went so well! I was definitely nervous but I really felt God's presence in the room and through the message. We talked about identifying "Idols" in our lives. Identifying the things that are consuming our focus and time away from God (relationships, schedules, media), also realizing the captivity(the power) they hold. And we ended by talking about deliverance from those "Idols" by first and foremost guarding our hearts. Not letting "idols" have an inch into our lives because when we are making room for God we are finally realizing the depth of God's love, grace, compassion, and mercy towards us. We ended the night by splitting up into groups of three and praying for one another. All in all it went so so good. A lot of girls said at the end that they needed that message and it was very encouraging.This whole process has just been so encouraging because I feel like every time I'm at small group I am so much closer to God and I think a big reason is because I realize that I'm not by myself in this. There are several ladies around me with the same goals and ambitions. It just feels so good to know that we are all in this together...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home