Wednesday, August 27, 2008

We have a Great God!

 Those who speak for themselves want glory only for themselves, but a person who seeks to honor the one who sent him speaks truth, not lies. - John 7:18 

I was thinking about this verse and wondering who am I trying to glorify with my life?  God or myself?  Who are we trying to glorify here at Genesis? The band, the building, the coffee or our church?  When people walk away from Genesis, what or who do they talk about?  Here is my hope!  I desire to for people to encounter me and walk away talking about God!  I would love for people to walk away from a night of Genesis talking about their God encounter.  I can here it now, "Wow, do you know what God said to me last night at Genesis?"

My Prayer for this year, God may I live in such a way to bring all the glory to You.  May I be all about delivering your message in a way that brings glory to you and not to the messenger!  I am simply the cup that You fill up with Your Spirit and pour out.  Thanks for giving me this incredible privilege!  I love You! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home