Saturday, September 20, 2008

Naturally running....

These last few days have been absolutely beautiful. No doubt about it. And I have been thinking a lot about God's beauty and love lately. And I think it's because of Francis Chan's book Crazy Love. He says in the book that he loves coming home from work every day because he is greeted by his daughter running out to the driveway and jumping into his arms. He says, "My daughter's expression of love for me and her desire to be with me is the most amazing thing." This reminds me of the kids at the day-care I work at. When it gets close to the end of the day I love watching the children run to their parents with so much excitement. When they don't get excited then they must be in trouble or something. But you can just see the excitement through their faces and their fast pace. This reminds me of God's love. My love for him. Am I responding like that? Am I jumping into his arms with excitement like I should be? Francis Chan said, "...when we love God, we naturally run to him."....I just love this. I want to run so naturally to God. I want him to see my love and my desire to be with him in my reaction towards his presence...just like those kids towards their parents. His love is just so beautiful and big. Why wouldn't we respond like this?? "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:2-6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home