Monday, July 07, 2008

OUR FRUITS!!


A week ago I went to Mexico City with the youth and it was crazy. It was my first mission’s trip and I was blown away. We ministered to 7,000 people and had over 1600 salvations! It was awesome and God’s presence was so BIG! I got back and started reading in Matthew 7. Matthew 7:15-20 really stuck out. It talks about false and true teaching. And it says, “You will know them by their fruits.” And then it goes on and says, “So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit.” After reading I started thinking about my fruits. And I started thinking about my time in Mexico City. We all went out as representatives of God and knew people would be watching us. And it made me think of what were the fruits we were portraying? In Galatians 5 “The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.” Our fruits are the godly attitudes that characterize the lives of only those who belong to God. I guess what I realized is we should be consistently checking our fruits. It says that spiritual fruit is the by product of a right life. For Adam and Eve there were fruits that were desirable to make one wise and a delight to the eyes but they still weren’t good. After going to Mexico City I’ve learned that every day we are on a mission’s trip. Every day we are representing God. We are out there wherever trying to win souls. And people will see God through us by our fruits, by what we are producing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home