Saturday, June 07, 2008

Planning a Small Group..


For these past couple of weeks our small group has been going over this great book called, Teaching to Change Lives by Howard Hendricks. It’s been nothing but helpful and awesome for becoming a great teacher/ leader. I love it! Right now I am in the process right now of planning for my small group next fall. I led one this past year and it went so awesome. There was so much growth with my girls. And I also have the idea of the do’s and don’ts. I am so excited and I just want everything to go right. Lately though, I’ve been struggling with where to start. I know my purpose and that is to raise up godly women and help create growth in our relationships. I want to help launch the process that Howard says, “….will ideally never end, generation after generation.” I just didn’t know what to teach. What are people thinking most about it? What needs to be taught? What does God want me to do? These questions were just swimming in my head and finally I started praying about it. And then ironically I read, “..you should spend more time questioning answers than answering questions.” I was so happy when I read this. I’m still learning what this means, but I finally realized it’s not about these random topics in my head but it’s about answering why we do what we do. Why do we serve and love God? Understanding this has made my preparation a lot easier. Personally I have realized that it’s not about how I’m teaching but what I am teaching. I love it when it says, “Your task as a communicator is not impress people, but to impact them, not to convince them, but to change them.” Although, I don’t have everything planned for my small group step by step in the fall but just praying puts me at peace. I’m praying for changed lives and huge growth!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rodney Richard said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Rodney Richard said...

Can I go to your group? It sounds like you are getting it!!!!

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home