Tuesday, August 12, 2008

being real


So lately I've been thinking more and more about reflecting the character and glory of God.  We are His people, His children, His bride.  And Genesis 1:27 says, "so God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them." This thought blows me away! I am made in God's image.  This is so amazing, and at the same time, it is a huge responsibility.  If I am MADE to shine like God Himself that means I need to be living like Him, looking at the world and other people as He does.  My body is not the only thing made in His image; my heart and my mind are made to reflect Him as well!  And the most amazing thing happens when we start realizing this truth:  we become REAL.  And the Christian faith desperately needs real people.  I truly and passionately believe that the more REAL we are, the more REAL God Himself will become to those we encounter.  Christians too often live for themselves, overlooking God's plans and God's people.  When we live as we were created to live, putting God first and others second, loving above all, reflecting who God REALLY is, God is glorified and we are blessed!

3 Comments:

Blogger Robbie Denson said...

I can't help but be lead to think that the guy in the picture is more than likely naked.....

8:08 AM  
Blogger Robbie Denson said...

I think that is a pretty cool thought. Sometimes things that are so clear and evident in scripture become watered down in our lives. Of course we were created in the image of God and because of that we should reflect him, but what about me actually does that? I think this is something we need to continually ask ourselves.

p.s. seriously that guy looks naked. LOL

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home