Thursday, October 02, 2008

Lukewarm

So, I've been reading the book "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan and yesterday I read chapter 4 titled "Profile of the Lukewarm". Wow, talk about feeling horrible and maybe even fake. Through out the chapter Francis Chan describes the characteristics of lukewarm people and man did some of them hit home. Here is the one paragraph that really got to me and had to even read twice.

"LUKEWARM PEOPLE love others but do not seek to love others as much as they love themselves. Their love of others is typically focused on those who love them in return, like family, friends, and other people they know and connect with. There is little love left over for those who cannot love them back, much less for those who intentionally slight them, whose kids are better athletes than theirs, or with whom conversations are awkward or uncomfortable. Their love is highly conditional and very selective, and generally comes with strings attached."

So true! At least in my life. Loving those who don't love me back is definately a struggle and something that I really have to work on. Not by myself, but with God's help, love and guidance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home