Thursday, July 17, 2008


"The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart.  For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks" (Luke 6:45).  What is overflowing out of my heart? Out of yours? Out of the lives of those our lives impact?  Lately, I've been thinking a lot about potential and transformation, and I heartily believe that the ONLY way to live up to our God-given potential is to be transformed, by the Holy Spirit and by our own will.  No matter how often or earnestly I proclaim to be a Christian, if my heart is not in it, then what overflows in my life will not reflect Christ.  But how do we engage our hearts?  Throughout the bible, it is deemed essential to follow God's commands.  By listening to Him when He guides us and shows us the way, we know more of the character of God and that character is embedded in our hearts through our actions.  This is so beautiful! Can you see it?  By trying to really and intentionally live like Christ, our hearts and lives are transformed into reflections of Christ!!  In the end of Luke 6, Christ says, "I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice.  He is like a man building a house who dug down deep and laid the foundation on a rock.  When the flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built."  If we want our lives to be well built, if we desire to be beautiful inside so that God's glory overflows out of our lives, then we must seek and follow Christ's commands! I want to walk in His footsteps, to live and to think and to act like Christ!  I want to shine so brilliantly in my heart with goodness that it radiates out of me like ten thousand stars!  And may we all shine brilliantly for Him, reflecting His glory for the world.  May our hearts and lives be transformed so that we can live up to the potential we were created for!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rodney Richard said...

Very cool & weird at the same time. It is weird only because these are some of the same things that God has been challenging me with lately. Thank you!! You Rock!

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home