Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Selah

"Slow down and chew your food. "  I remember my mom interjecting these words into my life in a moment where I would be scarfing down some food so that I could run out and go play.  I didn't pay much attention back then and sometimes I find myself saying the same things to my boys as they are eating the food but not enjoying or appreciating it.  In the book of Psalms in the Bible , David was saying the same thing to all of us when we are running through the scriptures. "Selah (Hey guys, slowdown chew, enjoy!)"  At least thats the way that I read it.  I think that we way to often run through the God's Word without even stopping to reflect and enjoy what God is saying. Example- Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.  Selah – Psalms 62:8  Man, if I was to stop and chew on this for a while and to put some belief it what is being said - it could possibly change everything; my way of thinking, my boldness, it could kill all fear, I could fell peace.  I need to chew on this for a while!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home