Saturday, October 11, 2008

Romancing with God


I truly believe that a woman becomes beautiful when she knows she is loved. When we are pursued we change. We become lovely, inviting, and radiant. I think a huge thing that makes us feel this way is romance. If you remember those times when you began to fall in love...the butterflies, the long phone calls, and wanting to spend every minute with that person because the way they made you feel. All in all for women we want to feel wanted. And you don't have to wait for a man to feel this way. Did you know that God wants us to feel this way? God wants to bring this in our lives. "What would it be like to experience for yourself that the truest thing about his heart towards yours is not disappointment or disapproval but deep, fiery, passionate love?"-Staci Eldridge. Think about God as lover for a second. All in all, scripture is this amazing love story about a lover that longs for us. We see the Romance between God and us not only in our hearts but all around us. Just look. That may involve asking him to open your heart to see what he is revealing to you. Jesus, how are you romancing me? "I felt a little weird in asking, for I knew the truth-- that God had already proven his love for me. He had sent his only Son, Jesus, to die for me. He had rescued me. He had paid the highest price imaginable for me. He had given me all of creation to speak of his great glory and love, and he had given me the Word of God in all its depth and beauty, and here I was, asking for more. And God loved it. God delights in revealing himself to those who will seek him with all their hearts. He is a extravagant, abundant Lover, and he loves to reveal his heart to us again and again." I think also that God wants the same thing we want and that's to be loved(John 14:21). He longs for us. It's hard because life is full of demands, pressure, temptation, struggles. There maybe those seasons in your life where one second your so close to God and the other seasons where he seems out of reach. Just fight for it. Ask him to make you hungry. Ask him to help create time and space to spend with him. And ask him to reveal himself to you. "He is worthy of our heart's devotion". He wants to romance with us. He wants us to dive into intimacy with him because only in him will our hearts find comfort and rest.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna Baur said...

this is so true! I think it's so important to remember this part of God...his heart for us! thanks for the encouragement!!

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home