Thursday, May 22, 2008

Running Towards God



As I was running, I’d noticed that I would run then stop. Run then stop. This was constant through out my whole exercise. I definitely knew a big reason was because my lack of exercise, but I felt like there was something more. I thought about it and came to the realization that I was just simply giving up. Why is that?.......... It rang a bell. I realized that I wasn’t giving myself enough credit to run the length I planned for. In my head I had this idea that I could not make it. I wasn’t motivating myself or having any sign of hope, so I would stop. And then I thought….Don’t we do this with God? How we don’t give God the credit to do things in our lifes and we don’t give him the chance. I find myself doing this sometimes in my quiet times. I get so impatient and I get this silly idea that God is not going to show anything to me which results in me just shutting my bible. Even in our daily life’s we continue this pattern. We don’t have this mind set that God will move mountains or that he wants to pursue us, so we give up. We turn away from him, which eventually leads to sin. And we forget that God is running right there with us. He is with us the whole way, we just need to acknowledge him. In Philippians, Paul talks about pressing towards the goal, “Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus”. What we see is that we as believers have not reached our goal of Christ likeness. We are constantly refining ourselves. And at the same time God is constantly trying to fill us, but like a runner in a race we MUST continue to pursue him. We must fix this attitude of giving up and starting giving God a chance to work in our lives. Maybe that involves a little bit of discipline and submission. Philippians 3:15 “ Let us therefore, as many as are perfect have this attitude and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you; how ever let us keep living by that same standard to which we are attained. I really think God wants to reveal so much in our lifes, we just need to set this in our hearts and go for the goal. Just like Paul said, “Run in such a way that you may win”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home