Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My God

God is my everything.  He is beautiful and breath-taking.  He is loving and merciful, just and upright, true and faithful, not lacking anything yet desiring my heart.  My God is my mountain of strength and my fortress of peace.  He is my light in dark times, my pillow when sleep is elusive.  God is the hand I hold when I reach out for help, the tear that falls with mine when I cry. He is my everything.  He is the sparkle in my eye when I laugh and the warmth in my heart when I smile.  God is the answer to my desperation and the call to my wandering heart.  He is every question I ask, every answer I seek.  He is at the fork in every road I take and the path that leads me home.  God is my everything.  It amazes me how blessed we are to have such a kind, loving, true, holy, and redeeming God!  It amazes me that He would die for us and take away the pain we've inflicted on Him!  It takes my breath away that He has given us every breath to breathe.  God is everything, mine and yours, all that is good.

"Answer me when I call to you, 
       O my righteous God. 
       Give me relief from my distress; 
       be merciful to me and hear my prayer.

 How long, O men, will you turn my glory into shame? 
       How long will you love delusions and seek false gods? 
       Selah

 Know that the LORD has set apart the godly for himself; 
       the LORD will hear when I call to him.

 In your anger do not sin; 
       when you are on your beds, 
       search your hearts and be silent. 
       Selah

 Offer right sacrifices 
       and trust in the LORD.

 Many are asking, "Who can show us any good?" 
       Let the light of your face shine upon us, O LORD.

 You have filled my heart with greater joy 
       than when their grain and new wine abound.

 I will lie down and sleep in peace, 
       for you alone, O LORD, 
       make me dwell in safety."

-Psalm 4

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this.."He is the sparkle in my eye when I laugh and the warmth in my heart when I smile. God is the answer to my desperation and the call to my wandering heart." This is really neat Anna and it reminded me of psalms 25 that I was just reading. It's so awesome to know that we have a God that loves us like no other. Thanks girly...

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home