Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Take Heart

I have told you all of this so that you may have peace in me.  Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows.  But take heart, because I have overcome the world.  John 16:35

Jesus had just finished telling the disciples about Him leaving them for a while "going to die" but that he would be back "raise from the dead".  He also told them about how they would turn their backs on Him and leave Him when it got rough but that He wouldn't be alone because His Father was going to be with Him.  This is what blows me away, "I have told you this so that you may have peace in me."   In other words, "I know what has to happen, must happen and you are going to do what you have to do and I'm God and I understand that it's going to be the darkest moment of My life and and your going to leave Me but I'll be ok because MY Daddy is going to be with Me and I'm going to be ok and I want you to be at peace about this."  What? Jesus is the man!  He foreknew what was going to happen, must happen and what was going to happen to them and tells them "Relax guys, take heart, I'm in charge and I know what I'm doing!"  And then He prayed for Himself and then them.  He didn't pray for some escape plan for Himself or the disciples but that they would have peace while going through it and strength to not shrink back because He was in charge!  I'm not sure if you'll get anything out of this but I'm finding so much peace in the fact that He knows all and is in charge even when I can't understand it or feel it!  "Take Heart , I have overcome the world!"  By the way He said this before He had!

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna Baur said...

This is awesome, Rodney! Your talk last night was amazing too...it is absolutely astounding how much God loves us and provides for us. I start worrying so much sometimes, when all I really need to remember is that God is God, and I am His! Thanks for the reminder!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home