Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Identity


So, over the past week or so I have come to a realization.  Now, it isn't a huge revelation, but more of a whisper that I have trouble hearing most of the time.  And this realization, this message from God that has changed my life is simply this:  God made me.  That's it.  He made me.  Like the psalmist said, He knit me together in my mother's womb.  By Him, I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  I grew up hearing this from my mother and my sunday school teachers, and I've told myself this on multiple occasions, and often truly believed it...but somehow, this week, it hit me in a brand new way.  God made me, and I am His.  And as David Crowder says, He makes everything glorious, and I am His...so what does that make me? Glorious, of course! And this idea of an identity of my own, but also an identity firmly established in God's identity, is beautiful and freeing and mystifying!  I feel so liberated to know that it doesn't matter what I classify myself to be or who others say I am.  I've had so many labels in my life, and I don't have to worry any more about keeping them or getting rid of them...I just have to be me:  God's creation, beautiful and complex and simply breath-taking before God.  I'm not just smart or shy or capable or efficient or conservative or liberal...I am myself, with a little bit of those things and a whole lot more, and I don't have to explain it to myself or to you or to anyone.  God knows.  God made me this way.  And I am finally going to TRY my hardest to devote my life to Him and to being His creation, whatever that may look like.  So here it goes...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna there is no doubt that you are truly fearfully and wonderfully made. It's so awesome to here what God is doing in your life and it is so encouraging for you to express what he is revealing to you. It's really encouraging!

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home